Sunday 17 July 2011

The Pet Addiction Continued...Pet Drops In Krokotopia.

And so continues my journey around wizard 101, trying to collect every pet dropped by the bosses. Good news, Krokotopia is an excellent place to pick up pets from boss drops. Most of the Krokotopia bosses drop the pets at quite a high frequency. ( Comparing it to the frequency that the bosses drop pets in Wizard City, you are three or four times more likely to get a pet from a boss drop in Krokotopia ). The only drawback to farming for pets in Krokotopia is that the bosses who drop the pets are usually dungeon bosses, so it may take awhile to reach them.



Pets Dropped By Bosses - In Krokotopia.
  • Prince Manu Narini- In The Throne Room Of Fire - Drops a Fire Salamander. Prince Manu Narini is a part of a dungeon quest during which you must complete the Serpent Staff, the good news is the boss at the end of this dungeon also drops a pet. It took twelve attempts to get my first fire salamander. I went on to complete the whole dungeon quest a total of twenty five times and ended up with two fire salamanders, so a one in twelve chance appears to be a pretty good indication of your likelihood of picking up the fire Salamander pet.

  • Krokenkahmen- In The Throne Room Of Fire – Drops a Inferno Cat. It took twenty five attempts before he dropped the inferno cat. Krokenkahmen is a wandering boss at the end of the serpent quest so you have to find him before you can fight him. Krokenkahmen has a very good mix of clothing and furniture drops as well as the inferno cat.

  • Crypt Scavenger - In the Djeserit Family Tomb - Drops a Fang Bat. ( Also rumoured to be dropped by Krokopatra ). Quite an easy pet drop for me, it only took about eleven fights before he dropped the Fang Bat.

  • King Shemet Djeserit- In The Djeserit Family Tomb- Drops a Yellow Ghost. OK, well you know how I said the bosses dropped pets at quite a high frequency in Krokotopia, King Shemet Djeserit proved to be the exception to the rule. Just over three hundred fights it took Captain Selfish to drop that yellow ghost. I even began to believe it didn't exist, that it had been discontinued as a pet. Now it could be that I was just really really unlucky with this boss, or the yellow ghost is a very very rare pet.  
     
  • King Uro Ahnic - In Ahnic Family Tomb - Drops a Life Banshee Well, it happens rarely, but he dropped it on the first fight. Yay for me.
  • Prince Suten Sokkwi - In the Emperors retreat - Drops a Ghoul. Again a very easy pet drop, it only took eight fights. He also drops a spell deck. ( The Pharaohs deck ).

  • Krokhotep – In The Emperors Retreat - Drops a Arctic Serpent. Only Took five attempts, you have to defeat the Sokkwi keymaster first. 

  • The Keeper Of The Fang – The Vault Of Ice – Drops a Krokomummy pet. It took only eight attempts to receive the Krokomummy. The keeper of the fang is the last boss at the end of a dungeon, where you must defeat all the other bosses after each boss is defeated you will be given a puzzle to complete. After completing each rooms puzzle a lock of the final chamber breaks. You have three bosses to beat/puzzles to solve. Two of the puzzles involve lighting obelisks in the correct order, one involves setting the braziers to their correct colour. After the puzzles are solved you will be given access to the room where the Keeper of the Fang resides. She is not a difficult boss to beat, the only annoying thing about farming this boss is I can find no shortcut to the dungeon. All the bosses have to be beaten and the puzzles solved before you are able to fight her. I managed to get the entire dungeon down to about eighteen minutes, which I guess is not that bad. If anyone is aware of a shortcut let me know and I'll pass it on.

  • Kiwu – Karanahn Barracks – Drops a Mander pet. It took fifteen attempts to receive the Mander pet. Kiwu is part of a quest you you have to put a sleeping draft in the guards food. He is a boss that does re-spawn, so after fighting him he will reappear eventually. This does take a while with Kiwu and sometimes you may find yourself arriving at his room to find him not there. Don't worry, just be patient wait closely by, he will eventually appear.
  • Prince Aka Karanahn – Karanahn Barracks. Drops a storm Salamander. I managed to get this Salamander on only my second go. To reach this boss you have to journey through a dungeon defeating three other Kroks before you are given access to the Prince's room.
  • Krokopatra – The Temple Of Storms – Drops a Life Troll. It only took six attempts until she dropped the life troll. Krokopatra is the last big boss in Krokotopia and she is at the end of a long dungeon, where you will have puzzles to solve, bosses to beat and tons of minions to avoid. The good news is that she does re-spawn, so you do not have to complete the whole dungeon over and over again. However, she does not re-spawn all the time. I am not sure of what her re-spawning rules are exactly , or whether there is a glitch in the system letting this happen. The one sure fire way I found to cause a re-spawn was to defeat Krokopatra first, leaving the minion until last. Krokopatra should then re-spawn at the end of the fight. A word of warning, she re-spawns really quickly so be ready or you may be dragged into the next fight unprepared. 
     
Pets yet to get - Kroktopia
  • Serket Guardian – The tomb of the Beguiler – Drops a Green Cat Thug. The Serket Guardian is a dungeon boss and the tomb of the beguiler is a long, long dungeon. So how do I know he definitely drops a Green Cat Thug and its not just a rumoured pet drop, if I havn't got one yet. My wizard pal I was farming this dungeon with picked up two of these before I lost heart. I have not given up on this pet yet and will one day get my cute Green Cat Thug.
  • Ngozi The Beguiler – The Tomb Of The Beguiler – Rumoured to drop an Inferno Salamander. I have not received this pet yet, will keep on trying for him and keep you posted of my progress.

Again on a side note this is only my experience with these bosses and the rate they drop pets. It does seem to mainly come down to luck. However, the bosses do drop these pets so it is worth persevering.

29 comments:

  1. the inferno mander is true i saw my freind with one however it is extremly hard to get as it is a rare pet drop and takes hours to get if u have to retry i do not advise trying to get one as great as they r. p.s. the card u dont get until epic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent about 2 weeks on the green cat thug at the beginning of the dungeon. After getting it I realized that I needed to keep fighting that boss to get to the last boss in hopes of getting the inferno salamander. I have spent 3 weeks on it to no avail. 1 green cat thug, no inferno salamander yet.

      Delete
  2. nightwing in wt drops a ice bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really interested with the valentine drops. Do you know where I can get them in Krokotopia? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe some items are droppped by krokopatra ( not sure about any valentines pets) - you should also be able to pick up the various wands from Lord Nightshade, Wizard City

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is having trouble with the Fire Salamander. He keeps reentering the Throne Room of Fire to get the Serpent Staff quest, beats the Prince, talks to the guy who looks like dog, and the leaves and repeats. Is he missing something? It seems like he has done this many, many times, but doesn't see the pet. He does get different stuff each time he beats him, though, but not a pet. Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know there is 2% only chance of this pet being dropped so if you fight him a 100 times statistically you should walk away with two - doesn't always work out like that. Is all I can say is keep trying fingers crossed for you

      Delete
    2. The fire salamander is the truth I got one on my first drop and am still using it because I think its a really neat pet.

      Delete
    3. Ok let me tell you this sir: it gives an added bonus if you do the entire dungeon 9 times. For me the 9th time was the lucky time. Also you can more or less cheat: buy ice mander outside of krokosphinx raise that and some fire pet to adult and try to breed a bunch. You can do either one but I suggest the dungeon it's faster.

      Delete
  6. grum foultooth in mooshu in the crimson fields dungeon drops a troll pet i have 2 getting the first on my first try then second on 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. lord nightshade actually drops a dark fairy pet

    ReplyDelete
  8. jade oni is said to drop permanent seraph wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard this too, I have also heard he used to then stopped and then that was contradicted with yes he started to drop them again. I have not received a permanent mount from any boss yet, but that does not mean they are not droppped and as Jade Oni drops pets and good gear he's always worth a fight.

      Delete
  9. to get a pet faster just add some shield and blades and stuff then wait 10 turns or something like that then finally kill boss higher chance of getting pet it worked with me not surte it will with others

    ReplyDelete
  10. jordan nightrider18 March 2012 at 13:39

    i am having trouble trying to get the fang bat i tryed all day to days in a row trying to get it with my friends and they all got one stayed to help and he got like five and i got none :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there with trying the same boss for a pet it may seem unfair but if you really want it you gotta keep on trying. Or you could always ask your friend to hatch one of his with you :)

      Delete
  11. jordan nightrider19 March 2012 at 08:45

    nvm i finally got the pet after a month of trys ugh but ty i got it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes its tough - but well done for getting it in the end. Took me about 300 tries for the yellow ghost :(

      Delete
  12. Maybe, Someday You can Do Marleybone Pet drops? Like, A Storm Serpent Drop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i ot the storm serpent from mb it is awesome i got it in my first try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i got a storm serpent in my first try in mb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi thanks sorry I have had to be away for a while but yes I don intend on doing more about the pet drops infact doing alot more on wizard in general. Should be back properly in a weeks time. Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel you are so nice! :D i would like to ask you that is it possible to respawn bonus bosses such as yakedo etc, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi rachel, you have been so helpful to others, maybe you could help me? i was wondering if you can respawn bosses like yakedo cause it is really annoying doing the dungeons all over again, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the massive break between posts, I know Krokpatra respawns but am not sure about all the others. Still working my way through. :)

      Delete
  18. last boss in wizard city drops black cat.

    ReplyDelete